Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yearly review

It's has been an incredible year! I feel like every year I have been blessed even more than the one before. This year I have been so thankful for God's grace and mercy. It's tough raising a pre-teen and and toddler at the same time. There have been many trying moments but each and every one has been a blessing. Here's a look back at 2013.
 
January:
We announced to the girls that we would be taking our first BIG family vacation-
Disney World in the spring!
 
February:
Abby and I got a little burned out with homeschool so we decided to give public school another try...
It lasted 4 weeks.
 
March:
We had an Easter egg hunt with our new fellowship class at church.
We came out of hibernation and hit up the Ft. Worth zoo!
 
April:
These two had a daddy-daughter date to a Frisco Rough Riders game.
 Abby went to her last day of public school ever!
 
May:
Finally, Disney World with Bbop and Nana!
 Abby and I went to see my niece graduate high school.
 
June:
We spent almost everyday having lunch at the pool with friends.
 Sweet Hayden got herpengina for a week. It was awful!
 
July:
Time for Hayden's big girl bed.
 We spend July 4th at the lake with our friends, the Giddens.
We went to Chicago...
 ...and watched our Cards play the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
We went to the St. Louis zoo.
And stopped at the Meramec caverns on our way back to Texas.
 
August:
I co-hosted a sip-n-see shower for my sweet friend Jen and baby Lucas.
 
September:
Hayden started her first (and likely her only) year of preschool.
 Abby started 7th grade.
We celebrated Abby's 12th birthday with an un-slumber party!
 
October:
We celebrated Hayden's 2nd birthday with her preschool class.
 And we threw a party for some of our sweet friends.
We went trick-or-treating with friends,
 and went to our BFG Halloween party.
 
November:
Aggies win best stunt at Extravaganza!
We spent Thanksgiving at Nana's new house
 
December:
We took a trip to New Mexico to see aunt Lissa graduate!
We celebrated the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

We made an offer on our dream house. We will close on February 12!
 
2013 was definitely a year to remember. It was fun and exciting. I'm looking forward to deepening my prayer life, strengthening my marriage and loving on my sweet kiddos in 2014.
 
Take a look back to 2012 here
Take a look back to 2011 here


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow!! Your new home is beautiful! Congrats!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so happy for your family! I can't wait to see your new home!! You absolutely did have a very BLESSED year! XOXO

Renae said...

Congrats on your new home, it looks great!